And now for something completely different …
Welcome to Random Acts of Catholic!
Thanks for participating in my pilot/experiment!
Random Acts of Catholic is a forty day series of simple, everyday Lenten challenges: challenges to expand our devotional life, expand our Acts of Mercy toward our fellow man, and expand our love for Christ Jesus and His Church.
Here are the rules:
1. Random Acts of Catholic range in difficulty from very easy to more difficult to achieve. This is on purpose! If you already regularly do something that is listed as a challenge, do it anyway! No gift, however small or boring, is too little for Jesus. If you are unable to complete a challenge for whatever reason, don’t worry. Please contact me and I will give you an alternate challenge. You will see there are already five alternate challenges built into the list for this very reason.
2. Acts may be done in any order.
3. Most of the acts are to be done in private/secret! “Your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.” We aren’t in this to show off to people how holy we are. There are a few obvious exceptions to this rule, because some challenges involve doing things for other people. If someone asks you why you are doing a particular action or devotion, you can tell them you are doing it for Lent or just say, “Because I love you!” 😉
4. However, please feel free to share your thoughts, results, insights, photos, etc. on our Facebook Group . We all already know we are doing Random Acts of Catholic this Lent, so we can share with each other here!
5. If you have questions or concerns, just PM me via Facebook!
6. If you’re an Eastern Catholic who doesn’t use the Rosary as a devotion, please feel free to substitute an equivalent Eastern prayer wherever the Rosary is mentioned.